Mini Red-Velvet Cupcakes
Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 1/4 c. Water
1/3 c. Vegetable Oil
1. Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans. Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. Flour lightly.
2. Mix: Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately.
3. Bake: Bake mini cupcakes for approximately 18 minutes, checking regularly. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 c. butter (1 stick), room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. powdered sugar (more if desired)
1. Cream together softened butter and cream cheese until well mixed.
2. Mix in the vanilla.
3. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until desired sweetness is reached.
4. Use to pipe or frost cooled cupcakes.
This recipe makes about 36 mini cupcakes. See the video here.